Western Australia, Subterranean clover, Pasture management.
First Page Number
Last Page Number
The use of subterranean clover as a pasture plant in Australia dates back to 1889, for it was then that A. W. Howard, at Mt. Barker, in South Australia, recognised its value. However, despite his efforts to popularise the use of this clover, it remained unappreciated for many years. The first sale of commercial seed took place in 1906, but the area sown to subterranean clover showed no upward trend until 1920.
Quinlivan, B. J.
"Strains of subterranean clover in Western Australia,"
Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Western Australia, Series 3: Vol. 6
, Article 13.
Available at: https://researchlibrary.agric.wa.gov.au/journal_agriculture3/vol6/iss3/13